The Mafiq Foundation and the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS) Center in Sterling, VA
invites students to compete in a first ever Muslim Youth Hackathon on social good in the DMV
Metropolitan area. For program details, please see below or click the flier here.
What: A 24-hour design sprint-like event, where students collaborate on innovative
hacks for social good.
Who: High school (10 th grade and above) and Undergraduate Students
When: June 25-26, 2022
Where: Islamic Center of Maryland, Gaithersburg, MD
How: Form a team to register by May 31, 2022, by completing the form here.
Or visit: https://tinyurl.com/myhack22
Note: once registered, participants will receive an invite. *Limited to 75 participants to
allow for meaningful interaction*.
- 6 Technical Tracks (Mobile App Dev, UI/UX, Data Analytics, APIs, AI/ML/DL, and
web developments) and workshops will be offered
- A mentor will be assigned to each team (gender separated, 3 to 5 members per
team) to develop an innovative solution or a product on social good using
commonly used technology tools and techniques that do not require coding and
- The problem statement that you’ll be working can be picked from any of the four
categories (good for community, good for environment, good information, and
good for healthcare) to be provided upon registration on social good.
- Three winners will be selected for cash awards (up to $500) in each category
based on the originality, feasibility, execution, and sustainability.
- Workshops for both, advanced as well as novice, students are scheduled over
the duration of the event and some virtual sessions as well prior to the event to
help you learn tools and techniques to transform your ideas into real apps and or
- Your mentor will guide you what workshops to pick and which tools to use in
support of your project goal.
- This starter course will help young students to explore key programming
concepts by VISUALLY developing their App through “drag-and-drop” blocks of
code on the GUI.
- The advance workshops like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning and Deep
learning (AI/ML/DL) will be offered by professionals for both new and
- A platform to learn new skills, meet new people, and use technology to unlock
new possibilities and creativity in an inclusive environment!
- An opportunity to foster creativity, promote social awareness and networking, as
well as strengthen their soft skills such as communication, leadership, and
Call MY Hack home, no matter wherever you are!
To submit your project for the hackathon you must provide the following:
- A short description describing your project
- A pitch deck of no more than 10 slides describing the problem, the target audience and your solution. You may also include any research or statistics you found that describe the problem you are trying to solve.
- A recorded video presentation of your slideshow and demo of your project if applicable.
- All projects will be submitted directly to DevPost.
- A link to your github repository where your code is stored if applicable
$500 in prizes
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you: